In essence, we may be assholes but we aren't that kind of asshole. Respect the flock, respect other human beings and respect yourselves. FFA can be a painfully earnest community, we consider it a feature. FFA discussion covers a wide variety of topics and has a very flexible view of 'fandom' that includes politics, current events, and cooking techniques.
FFA is a Choose NOT to Warn experience.
- No pictures, real names, no detailed locations.
- Religion or lack thereof is off topic on the main meme.
- Fatwank and eating disorders are banned
- Telling people to kill themselves is not cool
- Try to name your threads
- No embeds. Of any kind. Ever. This includes embed links.
- No Rick Rolling. If you say a link has fluffy kittens, the link should have fluffy kittens. If you say a link has gore, the link should have gore. No bait-and-switch with links.
- No underage porn
- No direct download links to media under copyright. It is an LJ TOS violation. You can tell people where to go, but you cannot post the direct link.
- Deliberate un-anon comments will be deleted - only two exceptions: limited promotional posts, and on a limtied basis, a logged in response by someone who is the topic of conversation.
- On Notice: certain known wanky and wank bait topics are not banned, but are automatically on notice and subject to more intense moderation. This includes eating disorders, trans* topics, some countrywank, and anything else that tends to explode with trolls.
- p.m. the mod account or put 'hey mods' in the topic if something needs attention
- Andrew Blake/Thanfiction: The person known as Amy Player, Victoria Bitter, Jordan Wood, Andrew Blake, Thanfiction, and several other names should be referred to using male pronouns, Arguing over his gender identity, or if he meets a certain definition of trans distracts from the real issue, which is that he's a manipulative lying asshole.
- Promotional Activity: Moderators of other anon memes, or of other communities may make LOGGED IN/NON ANON promotional notices to the meme. No more than one comment per community per post. FFA likes to be informed of things that are relevant to our interests.
- Talk to the Mods: If you have an issue with being outed, or with something that does not need immediate attention via a 'hey mods', you can leave it as a comment on this post. The comments are and will remain screened. Embeds, pagebreaks, and blatant trolling should get a 'hey mods' on the current post. You can also PM members of the mod team.
- Banhammering: The mod team will ban individuals from FFA upon request. Once banned, it is impossible to make a logged in comment on FFA. The ban is a permanent form of anonfail prevention, and not a punishment. If you would like to be banned, leave a comment on this post. It will remain screened.
- Livejournal vs. Dreamwidth: Platformwank, specifically Livejournal vs. Dreamwidth wank is permanently banned.
- You can leave suggestions here as well.
Friends Lock Guidelines:
Generally speaking- respect the friends lock. We aren’t that kind of asshole.
• If it was posted unlocked, and later locked? Go ahead and post the caps, discuss.
• If it was posted locked to a large open membership community, where anyone can join by clicking the button? Go ahead and post the caps, discuss.
• If it was posted locked and never unlocked? Don't post it.
• If it was posted locked to a small or selective membership community? Don't post it.
Recaps are allowed with discretion. Some guiding examples:
• "Sunnycamehome2u keeps making locked posts about how the lurkers support her in email" - OK
• "Probably 20 people on my friends list have made locked posts talking about how Sunnycamehome2u's inability to spell pisses them off" - OK.
• "Sunnycamehome2u made a locked post with xxxxxxx text, and lj user a, b, c, d all commented. Plus her grandmother is dying, she's living in a van down by the river, and her cat tried to make love to her iphone"- NOT ok.
Other posts and resources relevant to your interests:
Personal Issues and Everything Else:
The personal post is for anything that doesn't fit the meme's loose definition of fandom. It is especially good for
problems that affect you on an individual level. Relationships, mental health issues, even that weird skin reaction you get to strawberries are perfect for the personal post. Religion is an acceptable topic, and body issues are also acceptable within reason. If you feel the topic is something that the wider meme should view, post to the personal post, and post a link to it on the main meme.
Personal Post & Everything Else: http://fail-fandomanon.livejournal.com/5
Sometimes the Gentle Failers like to write fic for each other. This is a central place to post it: http://fail_fandomanon.livejournal.com/6
Subject Line Coding:
Livejournal did some things that took the subject lines away from posts. sunnyspringhome did some things to put them back. Information here: http://fail_fandomanon.livejournal.com/2
LJ is known for its robust servers that never ever collapse. If LJ is down, or something happens to the community, there is a back up FFA on Dreamwidth. Backup Meme: http://fail_fandomanon.dreamwidth.org
Fail Fandom Anon Wiki:
FFA has a wiki, updated and maintained by an enterprising set of Nonnies. Everything you have ever wanted to know about the meme, the conversations, the conventions, and the things that are relevant to our interests is housed there. Fail_Fandom Anon Wiki: http://failfandomanonwiki.pbworks.com
If you do want to use spoiler text, the code is: <lj-spoiler text="what the spoilery text is about"> your spoilery text </lj-spoiler>
CTSC means "comment to see comments". For more info, see this page on the wiki.
The following specialty posts have been retired. The links are here for your archival needs.
- Personal Issues: http://fail-fandomanon.livejournal.com/7
2199.html, http://fail_fandomanon.livejournal.com/4 504.html
- Religion: http://fail_fandomanon.livejournal.com/2
- Aging: http://fail_fandomanon.livejournal.com/1
- Fic Post: http://fail_fandomanon.livejournal.com/6
- Friending Meme: http://gentle-fail.livejournal.com